half day, Full day, & Virtual
About School Visits:
Customizable for all grade levels, Kirk gives an inside view of how he grew from a kid who loved to doodle and read during class to being a bigger kid who still loves to doodle and read. Options for school visits include half days, full days, and virtual visits.
- A Day in the Life of an Illustrator
- How to Get Ideas for Stories
- Drawing Demonstration
- Book Reading
Finding Your Creative Place
Lectures & Speaking
About Lectures & Speaking:
Is your organization looking to learn about creativity, writing/illustrating, or best methods for engaging young readers? From rotary clubs to college classes and teacher groups, Kirk offers a variety of talks and lectures.
- Meta Fiction in Children's Literature
- Elements of Sequential Storytelling
- Accessing Reluctant Readers
- Implementing Nonfiction in K-2 ELA Classrooms
Hone Your Craft
CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
Working on bolstering your art skills, storytelling abilities, or do you want a hands-on book-making experience for your class? Kirk teaches classes and leads workshops with business organizations, schools, and nonprofits.
SAMPLE CLASSES & Workshops
- Character Design Fundamentals
- Bringing Depth to your Characters
- Introduction to Hand Lettering
- Kids Comics 101: Let's Draw!